Saturday, April 19, 2008

My budding artist

I came upon Little Lady the other day in the garage where she was keeping her daddy company. We have an easel in the garage stocked with paper, crayons, markers, paints, AKA the "works". Lady loves to use the paints but until recently it was mainly to paint whatever was closest to her. I one time caught her painting her face so that she could make a face print, or how about the time she painted Little Mama a picture (mama was actually still in the womb).

                        
I think her creativity is  ingenious and encourage it in whatever form it comes in (what's a little mess anyway, right?)

What is truly special about yesterday is that when I came upon her this time at the easel she was actually drawing a traditional picture.  I could see her creation taking shape and when I asked her about it this is the conversation ensued:

Me:  That is so beautiful Lady, can you tell me about your drawing?
Lady:  This is Kirstin (a close friend) and here is her hair.  It is beautiful.
Me:  You're right it is very beautiful.  Tell me about this right here (I pointed to a circle she was         drawing on Kirstin's midsection).
Lady:  That is her BABY! 

Cleaning up all of her creative messes didn't seem like such a hassle in that moment.  "Kirstin" had arms, legs, hair, a face with eyes, and even a baby!  Just for the record Kirstin is not actually pregnant, but maybe Lady is somewhat of  a prophet???  Who knows, time will tell!

                        


1 comment:

"Grandi" said...

oooohhhhhhhh - that is soooo cute!!!I especially love the painting of Kirsten!! Wonder if she knows anything you don't know yet!! HA!!