Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Aaahhh Friends....

They can be like a nice long drink of cool water on a hot day, or a warm cup of hot coco on a chilly night.  Today, for me, they were both.  I have come to the realization that friends can just about get you through anything.  One "pow wow" and just like that things can change.  

When I think back to the day of Little Lady's diagnosis, what sticks out in my mind is the phone call to my friend.  I cannot tell you what was said, but I can tell you that she cried with me and that is it.  Or, when we came home from the hospital to a clean home, our cabinets stocked with diabetic friendly food, and a freshly mowed lawn.  I will never forget looking out at their faces for encouragement when Little Mama was born and how they would stop by bringing a constant stream of meals.

When I look into my "Bowl of Cherries" I come out feeling truly lucky and blessed beyond belief with good, good friends.  Girls to laugh with, cry with, dance with and play with.   Without them who knows where this Mama would be.  Thanks girls!

2 comments:

"Grandi" said...

Friends like that are such a gift!! As are you Darling Wife!!

Unknown said...

Hi! Welcome to blogging!