Thursday, June 5, 2008

Whoa!

Now, I realized that it has been a while.  A long while.  It's been over a month since my last update and I was feeling a little bad about not writing until I stepped back and looked at what has happened over this last month or two.  OK folks, hold on to your hats because here comes one heck of an update!

April brought us:
An adult only night out!  Babe and I were able to attend a fundraising gala for a summer camp that I have worked with over the last ten years.  We had the grandparents come down to spend the evening with the girls and we got all dressed up and hit the town!  We had a wonderful evening with good friends and great food and not to mention got to support a great cause!

Just a week later we celebrated Little Lady's third birthday!  Man she is growing up so fast.  It doesn't seem that long ago that we were marking every milestone and counting her age in weeks!  She had a very fun "Princess" party at the park and got to invite all of her friends (including a few of her "Princes" as she likes to call them!)  We also were able to take Lady to Disneyland for her birthday.  We made it a special day for her and left little sister with a sitter so we could dote on her all we could!  We made some wonderful memories!  
                                                                 

My man and I also celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary!  Six years!  That almost seems impossible (not in a bad way!) that time has flown by and it only seems to fly faster the older I get!  We celebrated with a nice quiet evening at home after the kids went to bed.  The weather was so nice that we were able to have an amazing dinner (sans kids) outside and have a whole conversation start to finish without getting interrupted.  I think our days of fancy celebrations will have to be put on hold just for a while until life gets a little less hectic.  We are choosing to grab the accessible moments and really make them count!

On to May!
Little Mama got two new teeth, starting crawling, pulling up on everything, and not sleeping through the night again!  This seemed to happen all at the same time.  I think I just about used up all of my reserve rest and energy and ran on fumes for a little while!  With the help of good friends we were able to get everyone well rested and Little Mama back on her sleep regimen with only a few minor upsets in between.

We had a small scare with Little Mama this month.  While shopping with a friend (who is a nurse) Little Mama began to fuss and I noticed that she seemed a little hot.  We quickly noticed that she was losing her color and becoming lethargic.  The graveness of the situation progressed quickly and we had to call 911.  To the other children's delight a fire truck and ambulance arrived and took Mama and I away.  I thank God for my friend every time I remember this event because without her it would have had an entirely different outcome.  She knew what to do and kept us all calm and even took Lady home with her.  Little Mama simply had a fever that spiked too quickly and was probably minutes from having a seizure.  We later found out that the fever was caused be a case of Roseola (which Lady had the week before!).  By the time we left the hospital she was back to her normal self.  Little Lady was pretty excited that she got to ride in my friends new van and really seemed unfazed by the whole episode.  Although, every time we visit the store where it all took place she tells me, "This is where the ambulance took you and sister for a ride!" or she'll say, "This is where we saw sister change color!"  Both my girls like to keep life exciting for us!
                                                         
I think that I may have covered all of the big ones-there were quite a few so I'll just give you these to chew on.  Hopefully my blogging days are not over, just interrupted (kinda like the conversations Babe and I have over dinner or in the car!)  Here's to an uneventful June.....Ya, right!

1 comment:

"Grandi" said...

We had so much fun with you this last week!! You are one special lady!!